Sunday, December 14, 2008

This is Really Important

The article on MSN's lifestyle page today, entitled: "Let Your Heart Break", is sending one of the most important messages that, in my opinion, women (and men, too) need to hear in one of the most articulate voices that could have said it.

I try to tell people this all the time, but even sometimes find myself falling into this mentality: "I'll go to the beach when I'm skinnier," "I'll really go after that guy when I don't have this zit," "When I'm published I'll really start to live." All this "When X I will Y," making excuses for not making the most of every moment of my life. The idea that if I was different I could control my life or be any happier than I am now. It's crazy! As it says in the article: "when you are as thin as you can ever imagine, the people who didn't love you before will still not love you, and the people who did love you before will love you still. People will come, go, leave, and die, no matter how much you weigh."

I can't say it better than the article, so just go read it. If there's something you want to do, do it now. If you wait until X, it may never come. You don't have that kind of time.

No comments: