Thursday, January 8, 2009

Abandonment

I am not abandoning this blog. I am not abandoning this blog. I am not abandoning this blog.

It explains a lot about me to say that my defining behavioral trait is an inability to finish anything. Not an exercise plan, not a short story, not a novel, not a relationship. My follow-through in life is as poor as mine in golf.

Christmas was fun. Low-key. I learned to make mousse, then I went to a really stellar Christmas party a couple days later and caught up with some people I'd been missing. New Years I had a head-ache and also an acute case of follow-through anxiety so I stayed home and watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffith. We used our Tivo to rewatch this a couple times.

She went to my high school. Actually, OPRF alums were all over New Years in Times Square. Ludacris was playing on a different channel. You just can't hold back a Huskie, I guess.

Later on in the night I regretted not going to a party, but I'm glad I stayed home with my parents in the end. They usually do the exact same thing every year and they were really happy to have me there to make things just that little bit different.

No comments: